Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Earth's Biggest Secret is Now on Our Hand

I've never been a Harry Potter fanatic fan. Reading one of those 500 paged books hasn't been my wish so far. For me, it has been enough to just watch the movie if the reason is only to follow the story. My situation was not so tragic as the girl next to my wife while we were watching the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last week. She asked what Hogwarts is. Well, it has been already the fifth movie!

Finding that the curiosity seemed to be increased after watching that movie (especially for those millions people that had finished the sixth book), my wife was so sure that J.K. Rowling held the current world's biggest secret. At least for this century. And I couldn't find any reason to deny it.

Rowling's last Harry Potter book would be published at July 21th, 2007. I didn't know what time it would be in relation with the global world clock calculation, but I have already found the plot in Wikipedia. And when I told it to my wife, she was screaming and begging so much that I didn't say a word about the story. Actually, I haven't yet read anything except the first line of the summary.

So, here we are. Wanting to be one of the earlier people in the world that knowing more than others. We bought the book at its first published day here. I promised my wife that I will never read the Wikipedia's summary unless she has closed the last page of the book.

Again, reading that 500 paged book is never intended to do eagerly:)

2 comments:

ikram said...

Sama gua juga nunggu pinjeman aja. Baca duluan atau belakangan dibanding orang-orang sama-sama aja rasanya.

alarif said...

Kram, seandainya aku pembaca setia Harry Potter, mungkin aku juga akan berjuang untuk membaca buku terakhirnya pertama kali. Soalnya ini buku terakhir, yang menjawab semua kepenasaran kita.

Kebayang sih kalo kita lagi penasaran berat, belum baca bukunya, tiba-tiba di angkot ada yang nyeletuk, "Eh, di seri ke-7 ternyata yang mati ini, itu, dan, ini lho." Males banget kan.

Kalo untuk buku 1-6 nya sih nggak perlu segitunya.

Itu kalo aku pembaca setia ya. Sayangnya bukan..:p